Murphy Memories

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Date Night for the Murphys!

We love date nights! On Thursday night, Josh looked at me and said, "Let's go on a date tomorrow." Now, usually when he says that, we talk about things that would be fun and things we have been wanting to do and come to a mutual agreement on a fun date. But Josh surprised me and had the whole thing planned! What a sweetie :).
So on Friday night, at 5:15, he got home from school and we headed out. Our first stop was the Museum of Art on BYU campus. It was full of paintings of Christ painted by the famous artist Carl Bloch. It was phenomenal. We spent about an hour and a half talking about what we liked and disliked about each painting and I learned new stories from the Bible. After walking through the whole exhibit, we went through it again and picked our top four favorites. Josh let me pick four because I have the hardest time making decisions.. 
We both agreed that Bloch captured some amazing emotion in his paintings of Christ. 
After the museum, we headed out to dinner. Now, Josh knows I have a special place in my heart for Peru, so he took me to "Se Llama Peru", the best Peruvian food in Provo. Josh ordered Bistec a lo Pobre and I got Lomo Saltado. When they brought out Josh's plate he smiled and said, "It is kind of ironic that we are going out to dinner and I ordered a hot dog and rice". Thank goodness there was more to it than that! His plate had a hot dog, steak, rice, fried Bananas, and french fries. Mine had rice with steak, onions and french fries covered in a delicious sauce. The Lomo Saltado was definitely our favorite. Josh ended up trying a hot sauce that was probably hotter than anything either of us had ever tasted! 

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, we love date nights! I think the only thing that would have topped the night is if we had really gone to Peru. Maybe one day :) 






No comments:

Post a Comment