Murphy Memories

Friday, July 26, 2019

a Week and a Half Without Dad


Little Ollie, looking pretty menacing
with his knife. 
Just five days after I got home from Utah, Josh left for a conference in Los Angeles. After the weekend in L.A., he flew to Idaho Falls to both spend some time with family and shadow Dr. Mooso. It was WAY too long to go without Dad in town.
However, the boys and I played hard and had so much fun being spontaneous together. We went to new beaches, new playgrounds and tried our hardest to make the time go quickly. And I am forever banning Josh from leaving for a week and half, ever again.
There's a smile!
He was a wonderful send off buddy
while the big boys were at school.
"Hello from California!"


A play date with friends is always a good idea. 

"Mom, am I too big to sleep in here?"
...almost too big, Benji. :)
He is the snuggliest!
Donuts and a new beach after soccer makes
for a pretty spectacular morning.


And...a popsicle to boot. 

Dad doesn't seem to be having too much fun. 
They are my favorite. 

Easy entertainment right there!

Such a silly boy


My favorite 5 year olds. 

Poor Miles got whacked in the face with the block
but did NOT want to miss out on snuggles
or the picture. Bless his heart. 

Hey dad, look at our new puzzle!

Just three boys zooming cars at the park.

Rub a dub dub, three boys in a tub.

Scratch that, three goofballs in a tub.

Oliver refuses to sit in the cart and
insists on helping me drive. 

T-ball is always a good idea! Even if we have to make
up our own rules and have imaginary teammates.





Beach days are always good days.

Oliver desperately wants to be a big kid. 



Two beach days in a row. Life is good!

Nice throws, boys!




It was such a wonderful day. 
Good finds, Miles and Benji!
We read books outside, they picked me flowers,
and then insisted on a photo. Best. Day. Ever.

The boys were VERY excited about
wearing shorts but were worried their
legs would get cold, hence, the long
socks. Miles wanted to match Benji but
also wanted to wear his favorite color...
hence, the mismatched socks. :)
I love my 5 year olds!

"I can't carry the
ring, Mr. Frodo, but I can carry you!"

DAD IS HOME!!
The boys patiently waited until he
got home before we ventured into
the attic. It was one adventure I was
not brave enough to do on my own!


Brave, curious boys.

Of course my "honey-do" help list was quite long
after a week and a half without Josh home. He gladly
went to work and appreciated all of Oliver's help.

No comments:

Post a Comment