Murphy Memories

Saturday, May 3, 2014

April 18, 2014


Headed to the hospital!
At 11:00 on April 17th, Josh and I laid in bed, trying to go to sleep. I looked over at Josh and said, "Joshy, you need to get some sleep too, okay?"
He responded with an, "Okay, we will see what happens."
I smiled and asked, "Joshy, are you nervous too?"
"Yeah, I guess so."
Another smile. I married such a sweet man. "Babe, are you excited to meet your boys?"
With a tired, but proud smile he said, "Yeah, we are going to be buds."
I fell asleep feeling excited, nervous, and a little scared, but I couldn't help but feel so blessed!
All checked in and ready to go! 
At 5:00 in the morning, I called Timpanogos Hospital to ask if my scheduled induction was on time. They ended up pushing us back from 6:00 to 7:30 and told us to get a little extra sleep. Really? They expected us to sleep when in just a few short hours, our family would be doubling in size? Josh ended up getting a few extra minutes of sleep while I laid there with my eyes wide open, SO excited for the day's events.
We pulled into the hospital parking lot at 7:30, unloaded the car, and got checked in. By 8:00, they started the Pitocin, and we were on our way! Here is a list of how the day played out:
8:00-I.V. and Pitocin
Feeling good after an epidural. 
8:45-Dad walked in. 
9:00-Mango flavored ice chips
10:00-Blueberry flavored ice chips
10:30-Marc and Jamie showed up
11:00-Mom walked in
12:30-Dilated to a 4
1:00-Josh got some In N' Out, but ate it out in the hallway. Thanks Joshy!
1:10-Raspberry flavored ice chips
4:00-I hit the maximum dosage of Pitocin (20 drops per hour), contractions hurting A LOT
4:50-Dilated to a 5
5:00-Received the epidural, got poked a little bit, cried a little bit.
5:20-feeling good. :)
6:15-Dr. Allen broke my water and told Ashlee (our nurse) to let him know when I was an 8
7:45-Ashlee called Dr. Allen. I was dilated to an 8\9!
7:46-I started freaking out a little bit!
8:00-Dr. Allen checked my cervix and found I was dilated to a 10, +2. I was ready to go!
8:02-Josh called our parents while I freaked out a little bit more.
8:05-Josh got dressed in clothes ready for the Operating Room
8:10-They wheeled me back to the O.R.
8:15-I started to push.
8:35-They laid "Baby A" on my chest. He was perfect.
8:37-I started to push.
8:45-"Baby B" was laid on my chest, just as perfect as his older brother.
Just a few minutes away from being parents! 
9:10-I got wheeled back into the room, exhausted, but as happy as could be.
9:15-Ashlee brought me some much needed food.
9:16-We decided on names, Baby "A"-Benjamin Elend Murphy, Baby "B"-
Miles Raoden Murphy.
9:45-Family got kicked out
10:00-Babies got their first bath
10:15-I got a quick run down on breast feeding, a little too quick in my opinion!
10:40-Finished feeding the boys.
11:00-Jamie walked in with two large hamburgers, large french fries and two Frosties from Wendy's. mmmm!
11:05-Nurses took out my I.V.
11:15-We got wheeled into our room.
11:30-We met our night nurse, Rachelle and she took my vitals.
11:45-Benji and Milo got wheeled in.
12:00-We finally had the room to ourselves.
12:30-We finished eating and fed the boys.


12:45-Got the boys to sleep.
1:00-Rachelle came to check my vitals.
1:30-Nurses came to get the boys.
2:00-The boys got wheeled back into the room, Rachelle checked my vitals.
2:15-The boys were hungry again..
2:30-Josh and I finally tried to get some sleep.

With nurses coming and go
Miles and Benjamin
ing and babies eating, we didn't get much sleep that first night, but we were on cloud nine. We were so happy to have our
boys here, happy and healthy! Mom and Dad Murphy left for home on Saturday afternoon just after my dad. Mom offered to stay through Monday to help with the first night and run any errands we needed. We had a short hospital stay and checked out at 1:00 on Sunday afternoon.


We walked into our apartment to the smell of a roast in the oven. Comfort food right after a hospital stay was much needed. Thanks Mom :) She cooked for us, cleaned for us, and went grocery shopping twice for us. It was so nice having her here!

The days kind of run together, and go by quickly, but we LOVE having our boys home. It is so much fun getting to know them and their big personalities. We often find ourselves just watching them, amazed at the tiny little miracles we have been blessed with. We know they were just in heaven and because of them, our home is a little piece of heaven on earth! We love our precious little boys!


Ready to go home! 


Such proud grandparents!

2 comments:

  1. We're so excited for you guys. :) What a cute little family you have. Those boys are just so precious I can barely stand it! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful family! Those little boys are so blessed to be a part of your wonderful family! Love you!

    ReplyDelete